Friday, February 5, 2010

This past week Evan had three days off of school for teacher in-service workshops (3 days!) So, on Wednesday, when our nanny was here, he and I had a full day to ourselves. After running a few errands, I surprised him by taking him to see The Princess and the Frog at the cinema. We don't go to movies very often with three little ones around, so he was pretty excited!

I decided this would be a good time to teach him how to sneak drinks into a theater - a moral imperative, don't you think? We had been to Whole Foods just before, where we bought a can of soda for me and a chocolate milk for him, which I casually stuck into my purse as we got out of the van.

"OK, Evan, we're going to bring our own drinks in, but shh... don't tell anyone. It's our secret."

He immediately became very worried.

We settled into our seats in the theater - only three other people in the entire theater - plenty of privacy. And I reach into my purse for the drinks. And he refused to take his, he was so worried that someone would see us.

"No Mom, just save it for me, I'll drink it when we get back to the van."

"Aren't you going to be thirsty with all of this popcorn?"

"Yes, but I'm going to wait."

"oh, well can I drink mine?"

"Well ... I guess so, but you shouldn't do it."

I tried to drink it, but I just couldn't do it. Too much guilt.

That's my good boy.

2 comments:

Henrietta said...

Hi! I can't find your email address anywhere but you've won a Good Egg Project T-shirt from my blog A Hen's Nest. Please email me asap with your address nfo so I forward it to them. Thanks!

hensnest at windstream dot net

http://ahensnest.blogspot.com/2010/02/good-egg-project-t-shirt-winners.html

J. L. W. said...

Ahh. That's to funny. Isn't is amazing how our kids will refuse to do something that they think is wrong even if we do it. How did he like the movie?