Thursday, June 10, 2010

Not toddler beds yet, please!


We hit another milestone with the triplets this week. We took a little road trip to see my parents over the weekend, something we hadn't done in quite a while. At my parents' house, we have pack and plays for the babies to sleep in. Well, this weekend they learned that they can climb out of them, at least the girls did. It made for very little sleep over the weekend, and I have several very pitiful pictures of the girls with their hands and faces up against the glass of the French doors in their bedroom, looking outside at us.


On our very first night back in our own home, Kate realized that if she can climb out of a pack and play, she can certainly escape her crib. We heard a piercing scream, and when John tore up the stairs and into their room, he found Kate out of her crib with her head wedged in between the girls' cribs, which are perpendicular to each other. Truly terrifying to think how bad that could have been - luckily she wasn't hurt, just scared.

Of course, John immediately pulled out his tools and turned the girls' cribs into toddler beds. They really are too young for this, as they are not yet "instructable," but there was no other choice. I think they enjoyed their freedom a little too much, and here is a picture of what I found when I entered their bedroom the next morning:


This is going to make for a long week!

6 comments:

Lani said...

haha, my trips are 31 months and I am not ready for toddler beds yet! I got some crib tents when they learned to climb out, and they still sleep pretty well in those so I am not rocking the boat:)

Christina said...

What a great picture to capture, lol. My twins are 27 months, and I'm so not ready for beds. EVER.

Anonymous said...

It will just take time. I think it was the smart thing to do because accidents happen. Crib tents might work but why go to all that expense when you just have to put them in beds and let them know that they are to sleep there. If they end up on the floor it doesn't hurt them. Don't have too much in their room to play with. If it doesn't seem to work, you can always just get rid of the beds for now and put the mattresses on the floor.

mpannek said...

You are one brave woman!!! Mine learned to climb out almost instantly when they turned 2. I now have 3 crib tents and they are the BEST invention, ever. EVER!!! No way am I going to let these 3 boys go wild in their room... I learned my lesson... ONCE. http://houseofpannek.blogspot.com/2010/01/example-of-what-happens-when-they-turn.html

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness! How adorable. Kids are too smart these days!

Sharon said...

They also make crib tents for pack and plays. We bought them for our triplets along with the regular crib tents for their cribs. If you buy them online they give you a buy 2 get 1 free discount for both types of tents. :)